Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Steak Recipes and other Steak topics.
Salmon is a delectable gourmet meat. When serving salmon, it should be matched with the proper wine. Wines that complement salmon include: Sauvignon Blanc, Pouilly-Fuisse, Sparkling Blanc de Noirs, and Tokay d'Alsace.
Potato Fans With Salmon
1 tablespoon of unsalted butter that is room temperature
5 teaspoon of minced shallots
2 large salmon fillets (about 5 ounces)
1 large Yukon Gold potato, peeled and thinly sliced
Salt and Pepper (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread the butter in an oven-proof skillet.
3. Arrange the sliced potatoes in the skillet so they overlap. You will want to make two arrangements. One for each fillet.
4. Sprinkle the placed potatoes with the shallots, salt and pepper
5. Sprinkle salt and pepper over your fillets, then place them skin sides up on top of the potatoes
6. Cook over medium heat for six minutes.
7. Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 10-13 minutes. You want your salmon to be cooked through and your potatoes to be golden.
8. Carefully lift the potatoes and salmons and place each on their own plate, potato sides up.
Source: The New Basics Cookbook